OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
• To maximise service profitability through the use of professional sales techniques.
• To maximise customer awareness of all available retailer services.
• To ensure the highest level of customer care and satisfaction at all times.
• To maintain excellent standards of departmental administration.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Objective: Maximise service profitability through the use of professional sales techniques
• To review additional work authorities with customers/companies for approval, adhering to strict authority controls and procedures.
• Sell additional products, services and repair works in a professional manner.
Objective: Maximise customer awareness of all available retailer services
• Maintain effective liaison with sales, parts and workshop teams.
• Ensure the tidiness of the reception desk to promote the professional image of the retail facility and that all display / promotions, price materials etc are current and in first class condition.
Objective: Ensure highest level of customer care and satisfaction at all times
• Maintain a presence at the service reception desk, and ensure that all telephone calls are answered within four rings and any calls that need to be returned are dealt with within one hour.
• To ensure that all customer queries are dealt with in a timely manner and regular communication is maintained with the customer.
• Use an appropriate level of warmth in greetings.
• Answer customer’s questions regarding technical problems in a manner that is easily understood and does not use excessive jargon, or find the appropriate member of staff to do so.
• Notify customers promptly on completion of work.
• Ensure account customers have sufficient credit to enable all work advised to be carried out as agreed.
• Handle dissatisfied customers calmly and all customer complaints to be brought to the attention of the service manager.
• Promoting the Company to customers and upholding our standards of conduct in all business activities.
Objective: Maintain excellent standards of departmental administration
• Document all warranty work as per manufacturer requirements and retail policy.
• Ensure codes, pin numbers and customer’s signature is on the document.
• Follow correct procedure when issuing loan cars to customers, ensuring all paperwork is completed correctly and copies of customer’s driving licence are obtained.
• To raise job cards ensuring accurate completion, including accurate recording of customer orders.
• To raise accurate invoices for customers both, cash, internal and account.
• To ensure payment of invoices for customers that do not have credit facilities with the Company are made prior to the vehicle being taken.
• To carry out regular checks on the outstanding cash report.
• To ensure all monies is reconciled on a daily basis, and to ensure that any work on vehicles has been correctly charged to customers before release of the vehicle.
• Administration of credit card system and cheque systems.
• To provide customers with accurate price quotes.
• Booking in customers to suit our workloads in accordance with department priority, both in person and over the phone.
• To book and administer collection and delivery service.
• Ordering parts for vehicles that leave the site making sure that full customer/parts details are obtained. To contact customer to rebook fitting of received parts to vehicle.
• Follow up customer no shows and parts waiting on a daily basis and to ensure that every effort is made to rebook these customers.
• To ensure warranty/quality system requirements are complied with.
• To ensure that all service customers are pre-booked for their next service and that confirmation is given to the customer.
• To ensure all customer details are checked and where necessary amended on our Kerridge database.
• To ensure day sheets are returned promptly to the Marketing Department.
• Compliance of the Company’s health and safety policy.
• To use the Kerridge dealer management system in line with company procedure.
• To undertake any additional tasks, responsibilities or assignments as requested.
• Approach every situation with a desire to understand and deliver
• Listen effectively and communicate clearly
• Use every contact with the customer to build a relationship
• Take responsibility to ensure nothing is left to chance
• Responding to customer requests
• Booking in vehicles for service / repair
• Checking in vehicles
• Track vehicle through the workshop
• Handover the vehicle
• Achieve incremental sales
• Use technology effectively
• Manage your own performance
• Contribute to effective working
• Deal with customer complaints
• Contribute to improved service processes
• Work with other areas of the business to improve retailer profit and customer care
• Appreciate the impact of wider issues on the retailer and customer
• Represent the manufacturer’s brand
• Empathy and tolerance
• Ethical behaviour
• Customer orientation
• Professional appearance
• Team player
• Communication skills
• Pro-active approach
PERFORMANCE MEASURED BY
• Daily completion of paperwork – no back log
• Customer Viewpoint programme results
• Cash/Credit control within recognising limits
• Adherence to Warranty/Quality procedures
• Ability to maintain excellent standards of departmental administration
• Adherence to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy
• Customer verbatim
• Customer care standards
• Presentation of reception area
• Accuracy of data input
Download Application Form