The AA Warrantyt Protect Essential
This Agreement applies to vehicles which are up to 10 years old and have covered less than 100,000 miles at the Agreement start date.
What is Covered
During the specified period, almost all of the original manufacturer’s mechanical and electrical components are guaranteed against total failure except those listed under exclusions. The full terms and conditions are set out in this Agreement document.
Reasonable diagnostic charges form part of a valid claim under this Agreement as agreed with Our claim’s engineers.
- Parts Replaced In Pairs
- Coil spring, shock absorber - as part of good engineering practice.
- Turbo / Supercharger (Factory fitted)
- Air Conditioning (Factory fitted)
- Camshaft Timing Belt
- Providing there is proof that the manufacturer’s replacement recommendations have been complied with and they are free from oil contamination.
- In the event of a covered item causing damage to a casing, the casing will form part of the Maximum Claim Liability.
- In-Car Entertainment / Sat Nav
- Covered to a maximum of £500 including VAT providing the equipment is factory fitted.
- Remote Key Fobs / Key Cards
- Covered to a maximum of £200 including VAT.
- Hybrid & Electric Vehicles
- Manufacturer supplied and fitted power generation and transmission components are included (excluding: electrical connectors, wiring, batteries and the disposal of chemical waste resulting from a claim).
- Working Materials
- Where an authorised repair requires the replacement or topping up of oils, antifreeze or other fluids, or replacement of the oil filter. This will form part of the Maximum Claim Liability.
- Car Hire
- In the event of a valid claim and provided that the repair time in accordance with Autodata is in excess of 8 hours, a maximum of £50 per day inclusive of VAT (excluding fuel and insurance) may be claimed for up to a maximum of 7 days (related to the actual repair times from the time repairs commence). All car hire must be authorised prior to the start of the hire period and will form part of the maximum claims limit.
- Vehicle Recovery
- In the event of a valid claim, tow-in charges up to £50 including VAT will form part of the maximum claim’s liability.
- What is not Covered
- Wear and tear, carbon build up, chassis, bodywork, interior and exterior trim, locks, glass, panoramic sunroof, fabric roofs, tyres, exhaust systems, exhaust manifold, diesel particulate filters, catalytic converter, glow plugs, fuel tanks, brake discs, seized brake calipers, brake, brake drums, brake & clutch friction material, wiring looms, road wheels, incorrect fuel (or any damage caused as a result), clearing of fuel lines, water ingress, batteries, injectors, oil seals and gaskets (except head gasket), any sealing material or compound, head up display, tracker systems, core plugs, heater elements, centralised locking pumps, car telephone, air bags, software, software updates and/or adjustments (excluding those which are required to complete a repair), key blades, all light units, bulbs including gas filled, LEDs, Xenon bulbs, Xenon Ignitor Units, air conditioning recharging (covered if part of a repair at reasonable cost),external oil or fluid leaks, hoses and pipes, hardware e.g bolts and fixings, perishable rubber items, serviceable and ancillary items. For further details please refer to the terms and conditions.